We're full!

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

We're full!

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

It seems that the last of the land in Neufreistadt (apart from the remaining microlots) has been sold to-day. It is rather heartening to see so many interested in being part of our unique and wonderful community, but there is also the concern that we will end up turning people away who might otherwise have become valued citizens. Lovely as Caledon and Port Neualtenburg no doubt are, we would, I assume. rather have the citizens for ourselves. Only a day or two ago was I talking to a chap who was thinking of setting up a gentlemen's outfitters on the land behind my house, which has since been sold to somebody else.

The question arises as to what to suggest that these people do - buying a microlot until Colonia Nova is built might suffice for somebody interested in a government post, but will be of little interest to anybody interested in running a shop.

As a temporary measure, would it be practical to permit temporary leases of land that is currently set aside for redevelopment, such as the house underneath the Schloss, or the roadside in Old Altenburg, until Colonia Nova is finished, at least? (Also, where exactly [i:1u7kqbww]is[/i:1u7kqbww] 1000 Kendrastrasse that the land information page says is unavailable pending redevelopment?).

Long term, of course, the answer is to get moving with Colonia Nova. A number of people to whom I have spoken seem most excited about the Roman theme. It is certainly most encouraging that we are consistently drawing so many potential citizens to our shores, but it is important, if we are to be successful, that we are able to accommodate them. Before too long Colonia Nova may well not be enough, and we may have to look to expand again. We should not be taken suprise by such a need, but should be planning it now. Should we have a third different theme (ancient Egyptian, perhaps? Aztec? Tudor England?), or an extension to Neufreistadt (perhaps a neighbouring sim containing a medieval Bavarian [i:1u7kqbww]village[/i:1u7kqbww] in a continuation of the valley?).

Encouraging though our popularity is, it does concern me to think that we may be losing potential citizens by being full and expanding too slowly. Perhaps our land is too cheap?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Wow!

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

Well, this raises the question of how an individual goes about selling their own NFS land to those interested in NFS. Will the City keep a list of those interested? Is there a procedure to ensure that the buyer is also buying into the covenants and such? Has anything changed due to the new group tools?

Thinking back to the last time I bought & sold RL land - what about the current month's rent? Will the seller get a credit in the transaction? Will the buyer get "free rent" till the end of the month? It wouldn't matter much in regards to the smaller parcels - yet would be important to those with larger parcels of land.

How does someone who wishes to sell go about listing their land and doing so in a city approved manner?

Enquiring minds want to know....

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Wow!

[quote="Salzie Sachertorte":14ekkd2w]Well, this raises the question of how an individual goes about selling their own NFS land to those interested in NFS. .. .Enquiring minds want to know....[/quote:14ekkd2w]

I hope that you'll keep at least a microlot?

Ashcroft Burnham

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Wow!

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

[quote="Salzie Sachertorte":37qg1p4f]Well, this raises the question of how an individual goes about selling their own NFS land to those interested in NFS. Will the City keep a list of those interested? Is there a procedure to ensure that the buyer is also buying into the covenants and such? Has anything changed due to the new group tools?

Thinking back to the last time I bought & sold RL land - what about the current month's rent? Will the seller get a credit in the transaction? Will the buyer get "free rent" till the end of the month? It wouldn't matter much in regards to the smaller parcels - yet would be important to those with larger parcels of land.

How does someone who wishes to sell go about listing their land and doing so in a city approved manner?

Enquiring minds want to know....[/quote:37qg1p4f]

It's pretty easy. You simply advertise that the land is for sale. You find a buyer. Sudane handles the transaction from you to them. (With the new estate-sales feature, it was hoped that this would speed the process... but that's proven buggy for the moment.)

The rent must be paid, one way or another, by the due date - or the city can just reclaim the land. Whether you pay it or the new buyer pays it is between you and them.

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Looking at the land page to-day, it seems that we are no longer full, as a number of existing citizens have downsized their land holdings in Neufreistadt (although somebody has now taken advantage of that and bought one of the city plots formerly owned by Yogeswari).

This no doubt provides temporary relief for prospective citizens, but I imagine that we will hit the same barrier again in about a month's time. Hopefully by then the chancellor will have thought of other ideas about temporary and/or permanent expansion.

Ashcroft Burnham

Return to “General Discussion”