Major bug in the new parcel "buy" procedure.

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Major bug in the new parcel "buy" procedure.

Post by Sudane Erato »

I won't say that we were the first to discover it, but sadly, we have discovered independently a significant bug in the new parcel "buy" procedures in Ver 1.12.

It is an underpining of the private sim concept that the "owner" of the sim bears the burden of responsibility to LL for payment of the monthly fee, as well as adherence to other obligations. "Ownership" of land by a resident is entirely an arrangement between the sim owner and the resident themself. LL takes no responsibility for whether or not that resident pays his/her fees to the sim owner, or for any other aspect of their relationship.

Sadly, the "buy" procedures in ver 1.12 do not distinguish in this regard between mainland parcels and private sim parcels. We have found that new residents attempting to "buy" a parcel in Neufreistadt are being required to upgrade to Premium SL membership (with its US$10/month charge) as a condition for completing the transaction.

This is unacceptable, and a *bug* in every sense of the word. I have communicated with the Lindens handling private sim affairs, and Fritz Linden has suggested that LL is aware of the problem. Kelly Linden mentions it, but does not comment about it, in the LL Blog this morning.

I'm posting here so that folks are aware that we are temporarily (I hope) suspending sales using the new system, requiring us to fall back on the old system which requires that your group be the official owner of your parcel.

If anyone has any personal reason to do so, may I encourage you to add your voice to the clamour to LL to fix this serious bug soon.

Sudane.....

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

It seems that it has been [url=http://blog.secondlife.com/2006/09/01/f ... /:1y09mkef]fixed[/url:1y09mkef].

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.

Return to “General Discussion”