Good news! The MoCA has been transferred.

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Good news! The MoCA has been transferred.

Post by Sudane Erato »

Well, we finally roused Keltrien from his idyllic retreat in Maine to come help us transfer the museum building to us, so that we could work on it.

He was by last night, and transfered all the bits to me. Unfortunately, we didn't get all the perms right, and both of us ended up locked out of being able to change anything.

Then... this morning... we were saved by the helpful assitance of Hermia Linden, who converted the perm settings of the building so that it could be modified.

So, big thanks to both Keltrien Baker and Hermia Linden. Yay!!

Keltrien in fact commented that he hoped someone would do a professional tex job on the building. He said that he had built it expecting Kendra to do that, but, with one thing and another, it never got done. So, indeed, he's quite enthusiastic about what we're doing.

I have a bunch of linking to do, before we do anything else. Then we'll set the whole thing to a convenient group, and the MoCA folks can get to work!

Sudane

AdamHawthorne
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AdamHawthorne »

I just logged in and my house beside the MoCA and all the objects in it are owned by Hermia Linden and I cannot edit them now ... is this a mistake?

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

oh! god.... ok... I'll get in touch with her. There must be some kind of parcel overlap that we we'rent aware of.

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Update. It appears that the parcel selection tool that Hermia used snagged all three houses across the street (Adam's, Ashcroft's, and the empty one on the corner) as well as substantial parts of the clocktower, the little wall around the empty area, and other things.

I've been in touch... we'll straighten it out later today. Everything is intact, its just owned by the wrong person.

Sorry for the chaos and confusion.

Sudane.....

AdamHawthorne
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AdamHawthorne »

Not a problem ... I was just confused.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

It's excellent to hear that a simple solution was found for this matter. It was looking as if it might be rather complex.

A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget
Rubaiyat
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Great News

Post by Rubaiyat »

Sudane,

This is really great news, I shall be on quite a bit this week setting a show for Ars Virtua for Friday. I shall contact you about moving forward, dare I ask if you can lower the building while/after linking it?

I am very happy about this and excited about moving forward with the MoCA.

rs

Tad Peckham
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Tad Peckham »

in my brief period of residence in neufreistadt, i have heard a variety of suggested uses for the moca. now that the transfer has been completed, can someone clarify for me what the future is for this site? i'm more curious than anything else.

thanks,

Tad

Rubaiyat
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

MoCA plan

Post by Rubaiyat »

Hi All,

I managed to survive another opening at Ars Virtua, and am in the planning part of my cycle. This means that I want to try to get the MoCA in order.

I am in the process of contacting an artist to install an initial display but they have not gotten back to me yet. I fear they have become busy.

For those who are interested in working with/supporting the MoCA, there will be a meeting this week, I have yet to determine when is good because I really don't want to put out our european contingent. Suffice to say that the Board of Trustees is looking for participation, and input as we proceed with our plans.

I hope to briefly outline a plan and goals for the MoCA in the next day or so.

The best way to contact me is in-world, IM me whether I am online or not. I am usually on between 6 and 7 SLT but that varies on weekends.

onward!

rs

Return to “General Discussion”