Compiling an "About the Wiki" info page

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Compiling an "About the Wiki" info page

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

I've been thinking, after some confusion here on the board and in-world, it might be a good idea for me to compile an info page on the Wiki. A lot of this stuff was on the old LL forums, now unreachable, so it seems like an overdue idea.

I'd love to hear any specific idea for information people would like posted, FAQs and the like.

As for the basics: The Wiki is on my own personal website. It is not officially owned by the city, administrated by the city, or anything of the sort. If you want something changed, I'm the person to come to. (I believe Gwyn placed the Wiki on the "external resources" menu item on the main site for that reason, but I haven't checked lately.)

On the other hand, I provided it because we needed a central compendium of the laws of the project, and a Wiki keeps people from easily falsifying entries (since there's a change-log). True, [i:mtn5dk5h]I[/i:mtn5dk5h] could do it without a trace, but that defeats the point of having a trusted source for NFS law and transcripts, now, doesn't it? (And I'm sure by now a few folks at least have personal mirrors to further double-check.)

Now, if you want edit access, I give it on request, provided you have a good reason to need it. for example, currently I believe Claude, Gwyn, and Sudane have edit accounts, as well as Salzie (I've hesitated to remove hers in the hopes she might return). Note that 'a good reason' does not necessarily mean 'a member of the government'. If you've started the Neufreistadt Gardening Club and think publishing your minutes on a section of the Wiki might prove of interest, if I agree with you that comprises a good reason. I'd love to see more use of the Wiki beyond "official" items.

Return to “General Discussion”