Public Information Officer

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Public Information Officer

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

As all are doubtless aware, when Salzie left, we were left without a Public Information Officer. And now that we've Yours Truly as Chancellor, the job falls under my office.

Therefore, I am opening the table to applications to become such. The job's requirements are detailed [url=http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... 3:2slrkfyq]here[/url:2slrkfyq]. Please IM me inworld, or send an email to aliasi.stonebender at gmail dot com if you are interested, with qualifications.

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

I'd like to recommend Ramna Tardis for the job

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

If she's willing and able she'd make a fine PIO.

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Then prod her to say something. This is a job, she needs to apply. ;)

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Dianne »

We really need someone to start planning for Octoberfest soon or we will be the only bavarian town that is beer and party -free on the day.

I suggest a beer stein, beer barrel, and beer drinking animation contest! (but I am not applying for the job) :)

=======
insert clever signature here
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

It's been a week since I announced the job was open. Due to the nature of the position, I was looking for applicants to step forward - while I recieved an offer of help (and it is appreciated!) no citizen wished to step forward as PIO. One might argue I could have just picked someone, but my one attempt to do so was met with a sound "hell no!".

Yet, serendipity struck. A friend of mine, Nightwind Leonov, has expressed interest in what we're doing here, and is currently a business student at Georgia Tech. I convinced him to buy a microplot and, after explaining the requirements of PIO he applied for the job. At the time, I wished to recruit from existing citizens (since a citizen knows our organization best!) but with nobody willing, I have decided to hire Nightwind on. I dislike the appearance of cronyism, but we need a PIO [i:2kz05u20]now[/i:2kz05u20].

Since he's new to Neufreistadt/CDS, it'll take a little time to get him up to speed, but feel free to give him a friendly hello!

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

Excellent! That is a post that very much needed filling. Welcome, Nighwind :-)

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Having met Nightwind briefly the other day, I'm glad he's now "one of the team" :)

I wonder, though, if Nightwind should not become a citizen as well... and of course, I'll be available to bring him "up to speed" if he needs anything!

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Are there rules about that?

I need to reread the civil service code. Aren't civil servants required to be citizens?

Well, there are some microplots available. <ducks!>

Pelanor Eldrich
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

He IS a citizen. He DID buy a microplot. I believe I implied as much, but here it is explicitly. He's on the land page.

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Just busting your stones...

I'm just teasing dude. Thanks for filling the post quickly, that's the kind of Nike "Just Do It" we need around here. I actually have a bumper sticker on my chair at work that says "STFU and Just Do It".

For some reason I haven't been promoted to management. Must be my "people skills". :)

Pelanor Eldrich
Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

It's great to hear this important position has been filled. Thank you, Aliasi for pursuing this matter so quickly. It bodes well for our future.

A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget

Return to “General Discussion”