Colonia Nova sim purchased

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to announce that as of today we are the proud owners of a new sim, shortly to be renamed to Colonia Nova.

Throughout the planning process for Colonia Nova, we were conscious that we might do well by buying a "used" (as they say in US "ad-speak"... "pre-owned") sim, since there is always a discount for such sims. When the Sim Planning Committee determined that we were indeed ready, and when the RA approved the expenditure of City funds, we opened ourselves to the opportunity.

This occurred in the last few days when Kavai Onizuka indicated that he wished to sell a very new sim. After discussion, we agreed to buy, and the transaction has been completed today. Within the next day or so, we expect LL to complete the conversion with the new name, new "reverted" terrain, and probably a new location "near" (not adjacent to) NFS.

I'm sure we all share an excitement with this development, since it culminates months of planning and begins the process of making the vision real. I must emphasize, however, that even though the sim is purchased, the need for success of our "New Sim Financing project" is as great as ever! We still have significant expenses, and in addition, it's vital to return to the Treasury the planned level of funds, which have been depleted because of the purchase.

The Loan program has only just begun. We've already received a few commitments and a few actual loans. We are well on our way to meeting our goal of raising the full budget of $2000 before the end of October. The Loan program is open to citizens and non-citizens alike. Please consider soon whether you might be able to afford even a small loan to assist this great project.

Any questions should be directed to:

Aliasi Stonebender, Chancellor
Sudane Erato, Treasurer
Moon Adamant, leader of the Sim Planning Committee

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

Very good news, indeed. Thank you folks for pursuing this. I look forward to the further accomplishments of our Colonia Nova teams.

A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget
Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

You rock!

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

You rock! So maybe Caesar's purple triumph robes for the Chancellor swearing in then... ? :)

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Finally :) :) hehe

Thanks for the purchase, Sudane :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

Woohoo! I just started tossing togeather a chariot. Now i just need to find some easy way to make the horses and I'll be ready for opening day!

--BL

Return to “General Discussion”