I totally dropped the ball ...

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

I totally dropped the ball ...

Post by Anna Toussaint »

Hi, you all:

I apologize profusely for the missed RA meeting on Saturday. My car blew up, my internet crashed ... and in all the stress, I simply forgot.

Rosie and I have finished the RFP for the design of the new sim. What date do you all think we should post as the deadline for proposals? We have slipped past the one upon which we previously decided.

Also, I propose that we meet April 14 at the usual time and place; I promise I won't forget :)

Anna

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: I totally dropped the ball ...

Post by Rosie Gray »

April 14th would be fine with me Anna, at 9 am?

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Sorry to hear about the car and Internet Anna. I hope everything is okay now.

I'm fine to meet on the 14th instead.

I had this vague feeling on Saturday that I was supposed to be doing something but didn't really work it out til Sunday. Never mind!

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

No worries. Firstlife happens.

4/14 is fine with me. I also have no heartburn about informally extending the period for submitting sim concepts -- the more, the better.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Anna Toussaint »

I agree about letting the date slip, Beathan. The more the merrier ... how about April 29? Give everyone three weeks?

I had to buy a new car, the old one threw a rod, or slipped a disc, or something. So much for no car payment ... I'd just gotten it paid off :)

We'll meet on the 14th, then.

Anna

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl
Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Sorry to hear of your troubles hun .. hope the new car is a worthy replacement lol ... 14th fine with me :)

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Anna Toussaint wrote:

I agree about letting the date slip, Beathan. The more the merrier ... how about April 29? Give everyone three weeks?

I had to buy a new car, the old one threw a rod, or slipped a disc, or something. So much for no car payment ... I'd just gotten it paid off :)

We'll meet on the 14th, then.

Anna

I would rather consider what has been submitted already at the meeting on the 14th -- although we can express preferences and leave the door open for late submissions at that time. However, we certainly shouldn't reject anything submitted between the end of last month and the 14th as being technically "late."

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Anna Toussaint »

We can certainly look at them on the 14th, but it's hardly fair to judge some without having a public announcement, In addition, there are some financial constraints that have to be met in the design revolving around public versus private parcels. I think the 29th gives plenty of time for new designs to be concocted and for designs already formulated to be modified, if necessary, to take those constraints into consideration.

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Anna Toussaint wrote:

We can certainly look at them on the 14th, but it's hardly fair to judge some without having a public announcement, In addition, there are some financial constraints that have to be met in the design revolving around public versus private parcels. I think the 29th gives plenty of time for new designs to be concocted and for designs already formulated to be modified, if necessary, to take those constraints into consideration.

Ok -- that sounds reasonable -- making the RA review a two-step process so that we can make sure we are building the best sim we can. However, we should definitely look at what we have to work with so far and give guidance to people submitting proposals.

Beathan

Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Anna Toussaint »

I agree, that's what we'll do.

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”