A clarification re the design request for a new sim

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

A clarification re the design request for a new sim

Post by Sudane Erato »

In the section of RA announcements there is a new request from Anna for design proposals for a new sim.

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 783#p19619

This is to clarify one small bit of that proposal which might be confusing.

Anna Toussaint wrote:

PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS:

2) In addition, because of economic considerations, certain guidelines with regard to the ratio of public to private lands must be observed:

(a) To account for incomplete occupancy, a minimum of $360 should be collected per month. At the current rate of $0.0278/prim per month, this results in a minimum of 12,950 prims that are privately owned (i.e., that we collect tier on).

I think the intent of section 2a is to specify that the design of the parcels should be such that, IF THE PARCELS ARE FULLY OCCUPIED, $360/month (or more) would be collected in tier from them. Understanding that the tier the community must pay to LL is $295/month, and understanding also that sims are rarely 100% occupied, this provision allows for a certain amount of vacancy while still assuring that the community generates at least $295/month in revenues. If we collect less than that, the sim becomes a financial burden on the community, something which which obviously we need to avoid.

That may be clear in Anna's wording. I expand on it here because I feel this is a really important concept for any new sim, that we plan an economy for it which does not rely on subsidy from landowners not on that sim.

Sudane.........................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Re: A clarification re the design request for a new sim

Post by Anna Toussaint »

Thanks, Sudane, for clarifying that. That is exactly the intent of that clause.

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl

Return to “General Discussion”