Forum Registrations

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Forum Registrations

Post by Callipygian »

I just deleted a number of registrations, after sending out e-mails asking them for confirmation of registration a week ago and getting no responses.

If you have registered for the Forums and not been activated, or know of someone who has registered and not been activated yet, please contact me ( or have them contact me) inworld by IM or notecard. If you are not active in SL but have registered out of interest in the CDS, the e-mail addresses to check on your registration can be found at this location: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2815

If you are encouraging people to register for the Forums, please suggest that using a login name that is the same or similar to their SL avatar name, or any login name that isn't a random bunch of letters or licensed product name, will make their activation happen a lot faster.

Calli

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: Forum Registrations

Post by Pip Torok »

Callipygian wrote:

I just deleted a number of registrations, after sending out e-mails asking them for confirmation of registration a week ago and getting no responses.

If you have registered for the Forums and not been activated, or know of someone who has registered and not been activated yet, please contact me ( or have them contact me) inworld by IM or notecard. If you are not active in SL but have registered out of interest in the CDS, the e-mail addresses to check on your registration can be found at this location: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2815

If you are encouraging people to register for the Forums, please suggest that using a login name that is the same or similar to their SL avatar name, or any login name that isn't a random bunch of letters or licensed product name, will make their activation happen a lot faster.

Calli

Hi Calli,

I'd like to register Nolligan Nino, a new citizen who lives in GwynethStrasse, Neufreistadt. I had previously advised him to contact Delia. He'll be able to read this, but obviously not be able to post to it!

At the same time, he is anxious to ensure that he will be registered to vote at the coming Term election. Given today's date, he'd like to know!

Last but not least : A hearty welcome to C.D.S, Nolligan!

Pip Torok

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Pip Torok wrote:
Callipygian wrote:

Calli

Hi Calli,

I'd like to register Nolligan Nino, a new citizen who lives in GwynethStrasse, Neufreistadt. I had previously advised him to contact Delia. He'll be able to read this, but obviously not be able to post to it!

At the same time, he is anxious to ensure that he will be registered to vote at the coming Term election. Given today's date, he'd like to know!

Last but not least : A hearty welcome to C.D.S, Nolligan!

Pip Torok

Hi Pip

People need to register themselves for the Forums partly as a clear indication that they DO want to be registered (I've been asked in the past to register people who did not want to be registered) and because there are Terms of Use for the Forums that they need to accept before their registration goes through.

Registering is a simple process (barring technical glitches) - the Board Index page has a button that says Register in the top right area. Click on the button and follow the steps on through.

So Nolligan..welcome to CDS :) I will watch for your registration so that it can be activated immediately. If you have any problems in the process, don't hesitate to IM me or any other member of the SC directly for some help.

Calli

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Thanks for posting this Calli. Previously, I've been telling new folks to contact Delia as I thought she was still taking care of the registrations, so this is good to know.

Rosie

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”