Campaigning begins tomorrow!

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Campaigning begins tomorrow!

Post by Callipygian »

Candidates can begin campaigning tomorrow. The law regarding appropriate campaigning is CDSL 13-09 Campaigning Act and it can be found on the portal at
http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds- ... e-of-laws/

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Campaigning begins tomorrow!

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Has any campaigning happened yet? The polls are open, we have six candidates for five seats but... no manifestos, no debate. How are we supposed to make an informed choice between these candidates if we don't know what they will do if elected as our Representatives?

I've been in world and looked at the polling booths in Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova and Locus Amoenus. No election info at all. No posters, no notecards with info about the candidates. Without this, our elections are reduced to a 'beauty contest' or a competition to see who has the most friends. I'm really disappointed to see that no one (as far as I can tell) has put out any election information at all and that no debate has been organised.

So, candidates. What do you stand for? Please tell us so we know what we are getting if we vote for you.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Pat,

I know that I was was planning on campaigning this weekend -- but my wife and kid are sick keeping me out of the world yesterday. Today I have had terrible problems with SL -- can't maneuver, terrible lag. I'm not sure if it was SL or my own internet connection (I think it was the latter; my router seems to be acting up). Anyway, sorry for the poor showing.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

I was hoping to see some campaign position notecards and meetings inworld with candidates as well. Candidates, if you want help organizing an inworld meeting presenting your thoughts to interested citizens you should reach out to Trebor, our Chancellor, for some help.

~Delia

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

I see there are posters for two of the RA Candidates, Shep and Moonrise, in the NFS Platz.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Anna has one up on her property in LA too.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I put mine on my properties in CN a few days ago, but I did not have permissions to place them anywhere else. I was added to the CN group yesterday, but not the LV, so I had to have Shep place mine for me.
(Rosie did try to add me, but for whatever reason I didn't receive the invite)
There is a notecard included with my poster :)
I will use two sick preschoolers, a sick me and being out of town for the weekend as an excuse for not being out there at least interacting more with others in lieu of being unable to place posters, lol.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Return to “General Discussion”