Transparency in Government - Register of Members' Interests

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

bjerkeleerie
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: Transparency in Government - Register of Members' Interests

Post by bjerkeleerie »

I am mostly incapable of learning and operate a green tag program (Green Eslands Project) in sl with currently one active Island, (the one my rl program, Northwest Solar Centre, purchased from the commonwealth.) Seems no sim owners think renewable energy credits are to be trusted even with the RL "Green-E" certification.....hmmmm

Sonja and I have the Allianz Alpina which owns property in NFS.

Sometimes I try to sell stuff but not many people buy...there you know all my dirty secrects.....

so lets all streak the Hillside in AM so everyone can see our naked bodies too (all in the name of transparency in govenment)

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

bjerkeleerie wrote:

so lets all streak the Hillside in AM so everyone can see our naked bodies too (all in the name of transparency in govenment)

Yes, I think we should do this....naked save for a large tattoo advertising our favorite cause. You name the time, Bjerkel, and I'm sure those of us who believe in transparency in government will be there, with or without tattoos.....

Cindy

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

*bump*

This thread began as a discussion on how we could avoid conflicts of interest by ensuring that members of the Government act transparently and declare their interests so we can see how these might affect their decision-making. It evolved into a 'post you interests here' thread. I'm bumping it for the benefit of new RA members (due to be sworn in tomorrow) who might want to declare their business (and other) interests in the spirit of transparency.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by symokurka »

I own one plot in Alpine Meadows and I also partly own the Old Bowl as member of United Artists Group (I share the tier with Pip Torok).
I have many other cultural, non-economic interests in SL, mainly in educational areas and in italian sims, no overlaps with CDS, nor with CDS citizens.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Good idea!

I own a small shop in CN and rent a similar shop in the souk in Al Andalus. I generate my positive Linden flow by performing in various SL venues. I am a member of AM Artists United, but do not have a financial interest in the group.

Cindy

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

I am a partner in Allianz Alpina, as described by Bjerkel above. Nobody makes any profit from it.

In an office in Neufreistadt owned by Allianz Alpina (at 2000 Ursulaweg) I have a Consulting Firm to assist people in Second Life, called "The Hat and Rabbit." So far its business has been very slow and has resulted in a negative cashflow.

In addition I have a shop on the Marktplatz in Neufreistadt called "Annabella's Trachtenladen." It is a partnership with Annabella Biedermann, who makes and sells traditional alpine clothes. This shop is also on land owned by Allianz Alpina.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Time for my annual bump of this thread!

If you read back, you will see it started off as a proposal for a formal 'register of RA members' interests' and then turned into a thread for government officials to voluntarily post their business and other interests so that citizens can see what might/might not affect their decision-making in government. This is an issue which is, ahem, forefront in my home country (the UK) where a number of politicians have let themselves down recently.

For the record, I don't have any business or commercial interests in the CDS or any part of Second Life any more. I have a home on the mainland as well as my Neufreistadt fachwerk and that's about it! I've recently become interested in making machinima for the fun of it and hope to use the medium to record some more of life in the CDS.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Transparency in Government - Register of Members' Intere

Here we go again!

My entry is the same as last year's. I don't have any business or commercial interests in CDS or SL. I have a home on the mainland and another in Neufreistadt. I have made the odd machinima. And I write about one blog post a year on the CDS here.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I have a backlog of ML land I am trying to sell, but I have no plans to engage in further ML land dealing or purchases. I have no commercial business in CDS or elsewhere. However, I am evaluating using my CN lot for seminar or class purposes, which may or may not have a commercial component (charge for classes; no charge for classes, but charge for class materials). I am also evaluating the possibility of having a political bookstore onsite, including both CDS and more general materials. I think the zoning may require such use, but I have not yet found a functional fit. I am using it as a political salon as part of my campaign platform, however.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

In the interest of transparency in government, I choose to post information about interests I hold in SL.

My sole commercial venture in SL is a small stall in the Souk in Al Andalus where I have put out antique carpets and pillows for sale.

I own two main plots and one prim lot in the valley in NFS. One plot is my office where I occasionally meet with RL consulting and coaching clients. The other plot is a pasture where I have a cottage plus domesticated animals and plantings that might be found on the outskirts of an old, alpine town in RL. I also have an office on Cedar Island and a lakeside cottage on South Hampshire.

In the CDS, I am a member of the Scientific Council and Curator of MoCA Neufreistadt. MoCA NFS is a public museum chartered by the CDS RA. I receive no pay nor compensation for the Curator position. I have however purchased and donated many of the artworks owned by MoCAso Oh, the museum's registered alt, plus personally paid the majority of the tier for that museum over the past 4 years. If any issue or matter regarding MoCA NFS comes before the SC while I am a member of that body, I will recuse myself. Likewise, I will recuse myself if any matters or issues come before the SC regarding the conducting RL consulting business within the CDS.

Delia Lake

Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Joining in the spirit .. I have two plots on CN .. one a small office and the other a riverside plot with a small house .. I have one small Plot on RA which I use as a meeting place around a fire .. anyone is welcome to use it to sit and chat .. I have a rented half sim away from CDS which is my long term home in SL .. I will be selling art from my office in CN .. the artist is my son who is an artist in RL.. however that project has not begun yet ... But I will recuse myself from any vote that could benefit my projected business ..

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..
Anna Toussaint
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Anna Toussaint »

Ok, transparency ... I own two parcels in LA, and have a business -- Vesta LA -- which has never had a client, or taken in any income.

Anna Toussaint
Mean Girl
josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

Hi Pat, It is a good idea what you are doing, giving the Government more transparency. This could also be put in the Constitution, because the Constitution is supposed to be the law above the Government. best regards, josjoha

www.law4.org Constitution & Revolution, live happy ever after ...
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I have a few products that I make a modest living at in SL selling crowns and circlets, furniture, pumpkin pie, and assorted other things. I make custom buildings and landscaping objects, and will do terraforming work as well. I've got a shop on the forum in Colonia Nova, and one in Neufreistadt, and another shop I've had for a long time on the Edhelmar sim which is part of a group of fantasy sims. This generates enough income to pay my tier and buy an outfit once in awhile :-) but sadly won't every make me rich!

My husband has a little shop in Neufreistadt as well, owned by me, but I pay the tier. He has a few custom animations, some vintage-style pianos, and bits and pieces.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

I own two parcels in Alpine Meadow, the Warcliffe Retreat and my office two buildings down from my retreat. I have no businesses in SL and do not rent or own any other land in SL.

Thank you,
Trebor Warcliffe

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."

Return to “General Discussion”