Market Day?

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Market Day?

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

A long while back, in the days of Neualtenburg there was an idea for a flea market of sorts on the marktplatz. There was even a nice German name for this which I forget.

Here's what I'd like to see. We could advertise a couple of hours where all the main storekeepers might be in world together in front of their respective stores (on the platz and wherever else they keep shop).

We'd invite leading retailers (including Kendra) to set up fleamarket looking stalls (table like) in the middle of the platz proper, channelling foot traffic to pass the door of our shops. No revenue from the fleamarket vendors would be collected by CDS.

I'm hoping this would drive some foot traffic to our platz. With traffic to the platz we get tourism, possible new citizens as well as potential customers to our platz goods and services providers. We can keep the flea vendors there a while just to keep traffic up.

Are there any objections to such an event? How would our PIO publicize it? Thanks!

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

I believe this is a good idea. I don't know if it's something we can do immediately - our resources are strained getting CN set up - but I believe it would be a good thing to have coincide with the new sim, perhaps have it take place in both sims simultaneously to encourage more traffic and emphasis the links between Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova.

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

Why on the Marketplatz and not in Old Altenburg?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

"We'd invite leading retailers (including Kendra) to set up fleamarket looking stalls (table like) in the middle of the platz proper, channelling foot traffic to pass the door of our shops. No revenue from the fleamarket vendors would be collected by CDS. "

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

We could put vendors in Old Altenburg as well.

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

Hi Ash, nothing stops us from putting additional vendors there, especially if we run out of space (which is fairly limited on the platz proper).

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: Market Day?

Post by Kendra Bancroft »

[quote="Pelanor Eldrich":31rdjfx7]A long while back, in the days of Neualtenburg there was an idea for a flea market of sorts on the marktplatz. There was even a nice German name for this which I forget.
[/quote:31rdjfx7]

Flohmarkt.

Return to “Events in CDS”