Unknown objects

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Unknown objects

Post by Dianne »

Perhaps I am jsut being paranoid, but there it bothers me lately that when one travels around the city, there are lots and lots of objects that are around that still belong to Ulrika Zugzwang.

I cant for the life of me think what these objects are, but there are two or three objects of her on most most of the parcels I check.

Obviously, at times in the past Ulrika has made things for the city and likely these are all innocuous things, but in the case of her status as a "banned" avatar that is similarly banned from even becoming a citizen, I would personally like to see all of her objects removed from the sim.

I think plans are afoot to have all future city builds "purchased" from the builder so that the owner is in fact the group or the city and not the person. The current situation points out the need for that kind of thing I believe.

I have returned several "suspicious" objects over the last week or so (none of them Ulrikas), and made at least one mistake in doing so. Could we start as soon as possible on some kind of rational system for determining who'es objects are allowed in what areas? It would be nice if I came across some scripted object by a former citizen to be able to tell if it's a malicious object or if it's actually somethign thats supposed to be there and commissioned by the guild or City.

=======
insert clever signature here
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Well, there's public land and then there's private land. On the private land, even if its obvious trash left by someone else, even Rudeen can't return or delete it.

On public land, I'm always cleaning up stuff left, usually I think by careless visitors. (Thats why Rudeen is always carrying a broom! ) My rule is, if the owner person is not a citizen or a former citizen, the object goes. If its a citizen, usually its a matter of Eugene or Kendra planting trees or street lamps all over. Sometimes I find vehicles left about.

If its really mysterious and unidentifiable, bring it to an Estate Managers attention, who can check it for nasty scripts. Better yet, volunteer to be an Estate Manager; then you can check it yourself :).

Unfortunately, we have no procedure yet to appoint Estate Managers. I guess its a Guild thing, so, I could simply appoint people. Needs considering.

Any officer of the Land Management Group can delete/return foreigh objects from a parcel. My opinion is that every object owned by Ulrika should get returned. But if its a street piece that she forgot to delete, or something else like that that will leave a gap, one should take the time and rebuild it.

Sudane

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Dianne »

Good info! :) Thanks for the update.

Being horribly OCD and intensely paranoid I will volunteer to be a clean up person if my previous random deletions (at least one in error), don't disqualify me.

I checked three parcels on my lunch break today that showed two or three of Ulrikas objects. One was the Platz one was the sidewalk outside the museum and the third I can't remember.

If someone want's to drop the sidewalk textures on me I will personally scour the entire sim for Ulrika sidewalk and replace them all this very evening. In fact I would get great pleasure from it. :)

I was mostly concerned that she made something for the city that was important for us to keep, but still technically owned by her. I didn't want to delete or return stuff willy-nilly (although apparently you cant get into trouble with LL for doing that!)

If we can confirm that there are no objects in that category, then we could do a "return all Ulrika objects," and be done with it perhaps.

Edit: actually i guess that wont work as it would return object on private lands bought from ulrika. Nevermind.

=======
insert clever signature here
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

[quote:36hsem8s]If we can confirm that there are no objects in that category, then we could do a "return all Ulrika objects," and be done with it perhaps. [/quote:36hsem8s]
Well, no, because you wouldn't be seeing everything you returned. Much better to ID it first so that you can rebuild it once its gone (if need be).

Sudane

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

[i:2bt98kko]This is being reposted, was in the latest email from Sudane:[/i:2bt98kko]

Would you please take a minute to go in world and look at your own property to assure that everything you own is still there. Also, look to see if you have anything on your property which shouldn't be there. Don't forget to turn on script beacons and look for those as well. Contact Claude or Sudane if you find anything amiss and we will investigate.

Return to “General Discussion”