2nd 21st RA Meeting July 4, 2014 8am SLT -moved to Discussion

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

2nd 21st RA Meeting July 4, 2014 8am SLT -moved to Discussion

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I do not get emails and we have not voted on using these procedures. We spent 2 hours and 40 minutes in the last meeting and the majority of the time was going over uhprocedures. So now we have something new that we are to study but its not been voted on. You laid out and voted on procedures last meeting. I would like to say that the LRA is the only first time ra member and we have all been able to get through meetings before on timely fashion with out all this. I The reason that last ra meeting was so long amd ineffective was that it was poorly run by the LRA not the three other seasoned RA members who were trying to do their jobs.

How about you prioritize the new sim for the people who elected us. and the budget instead of trying to control us. 74% of the people who voted for all of us. madam LRA. Said that THEY want a new sim. We are in the second. Month of term. Because of your woeful leadership of this RA madam LRA has made it so the 21st RA has achieved NOTHING.

We need to be meeting WEEKLY. You need 3 present to have quorum and the others can do a seven day. Get off your power trip on setting procedures and just get the meetings set and get on with it. And put an agenda out that reflects what the people want!

Shorter more frequent meetings.

I will need a 7 day vote in case I can not be there on this most important US holiday.

Cleo
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: 2nd 21st RA Meeting July 4, 2014 8am SLT

Post by Cadence Theas »

Cleo. The parlimentary procedures and simplified Roberts Rules of Order are just guidelines. The time spent in the last meeting was precisely because most of it was spent trying to establish order. The email must have been sent to an older email. Since I have your most recent one, I will resend them to you. I hope, so we don't have to spend a lot of time in unnecessary debate, that you fill out the chart I sent to all of the RA members (I sent it to your most recent email address that you gave me a month ago). I need them before the friday meeting so we can establish the legislative project priorities for this term. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: 2nd 21st RA Meeting July 4, 2014 8am SLT -moved to Discu

Post by Cadence Theas »

At the last RA meeting we agreed to follow a more procedural approach to the meetings in an effort to make them move forward more efficiently and politely. The URLs below are short summarized guidelines as to what procedure we can use in future. They are a guarantee or at least a suggestion that although we share a common ancestor with the great apes, we don’t have to act like them.

Roberts Rules of Order Simplified

Parliamentary Procedure

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”