Conference on Crowdsourcing at the Colonia Nova Theatre

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Conference on Crowdsourcing at the Colonia Nova Theatre

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Hi all,

Although Colonia Nova is technically still not open yet, and 85% or so is finished, I was looking for a good place to host a small conference, sponsored by the [url=http://arden.blogs.com/:1mtcs9lv]Kuurian Expedition in Second Life[/url:1mtcs9lv], due next Monday the 13th at noon SLT.

Since I saw Brian's announcement on the CN forum that CN was actively looking for people to host events there, I asked Aliasi to have some permission to do this conference as a sort of "opening event" at the theatre :) The Kuurian Expedition in SL are a bunch of fabulous guys who usually attract pretty big crowds on their conferences — they are a "spin-off" of Edward Castronova's own Kuurian Expedition (which is active in WoW) which actually seems to have many more regular events in Second Life (which doesn't surprise me at all). With a little bit of luck, we'll even have Wired Magazine's Jeff Howe, who coined the word "crowdsourcing", attending the event as well (we'll see).

At this point I would like to ask you if there is a really good reason [i:1mtcs9lv]not[/i:1mtcs9lv] to hold the event there on the 13th :)

Last edited by Gwyneth Llewelyn on Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Conference on Crowdwourcing at the Colonia Nova Theatre

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

[quote="Gwyneth Llewelyn":3sp96uds]Hi all,

Although Colonia Nova is technically still not open yet, and 85% or so is finished, I was looking for a good place to host a small conference, sponsored by the [url=http://arden.blogs.com/:3sp96uds]Kuurian Expedition in Second Life[/url:3sp96uds], due next Monday the 13th at noon SLT.

Since I saw Brian's announcement on the CN forum that CN was actively looking for people to host events there, I asked Aliasi to have some permission to do this conference as a sort of "opening event" at the theatre :) The Kuurian Expedition in SL are a bunch of fabulous guys who usually attract pretty big crowds on their conferences — they are a "spin-off" of Edward Castronova's own Kuurian Expedition (which is active in WoW) which actually seems to have many more regular events in Second Life (which doesn't surprise me at all). With a little bit of luck, we'll even have Wired Magazine's Jeff Howe, who coined the word "crowdsourcing", attending the event as well (we'll see).

At this point I would like to ask you if there is a really good reason [i:3sp96uds]not[/i:3sp96uds] to hold the event there on the 13th :)[/quote:3sp96uds]

It's a rather exellent idea - more publicity for us!

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

I hope so, Ash. We probably won't make Wired, but at least Jeff's own blog, which is still something worthwhile :)

At Wired, these days, people already complain they talk too much about Second Life :) I think there are no editors or regular contributors there that haven't been in SL for one reason or another — no small wonder, since they have their own offices in SL and they look Way Cool™.

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

Looks like I need to get to work on finishing the amphitheater :)

--BL

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

LOL Brian — actually, it was your blog post on the CN blog that made me ask permission from Aliasi to host the event there ;)

In any case, Wired Magazine's Jeff Howe will be there as well ;)

I'm now trying to arrange some nice clothes designers to get us a few togas and eventually get permission from the Chancellor to allow, for the duration of the event, to have them drop a few vendors with Roman-themed clothes there...

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

I put up a post about this on the blog under the events tag :)

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Thanks for everything, Brian!

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

[quote="Gwyneth Llewelyn":3nexo2su]LOL Brian — actually, it was your blog post on the CN blog that made me ask permission from Aliasi to host the event there ;)

In any case, Wired Magazine's Jeff Howe will be there as well ;)

I'm now trying to arrange some nice clothes designers to get us a few togas and eventually get permission from the Chancellor to allow, for the duration of the event, to have them drop a few vendors with Roman-themed clothes there...[/quote:3nexo2su]

If that's a hint, feel free. Also get in touch with Torin Golding; they have free togas in ROMA.

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.

Return to “Events in CDS”