CDS Economy and Culture ( hot tub thread branch)

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

CDS Economy and Culture ( hot tub thread branch)

Post by Chicago Kipling »

A recent thread brought up a good question: [b:1z3pzgn3]How can we preserve a common sim theme that isn't gaudy within our existing sims without censorship? [/b:1z3pzgn3]

Perhaps there needs to be some pursuit of a common theme within the context of a sim-wide or state-wide chamber of commerce. I have sought to pursue such a thing, but have found little time to do so.

In this fashion, we keep it out of the legislature's hands to shape every point of minutia, as Ranma is concerned about, and keep it in the hands of the active citizens who benefit from solid, tasteful, themed presentation.

Last edited by Chicago Kipling on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Chicago --

I'm not sure what your proposal is or how it would work. Can you provide more details of the mechanism you are proposing?

Thanks

Beathan

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

Ha, well it was a half-baked idea. Should have known that when I typed "hot tube" in the title.

Here's a short collection of the threads running around in my head.
- Enforcing certain decency standards always divides and in this case will probably have little net advantage; we hardly have any issues with this now that I know of
- We could be debating some of this stuff until VR technology makes it a cheap reality for us to walk around in Neuf for real
- Another tool to encourage a non-gaudy, welcoming environment is to build social groups around the issue
- One of the major interest groups in keeping the sim non-gaudy and usable is the people with shops
- some form of a chamber of commerce might turn out to be such a group for us that could encourage people in a mutually beneficial direction
- such a group could also pool the cost of advertising
- such a group could gather sim-themed items to be offered for free to fill up shops so that they all look and feel "full"
- such a group could provide needed volunteer help to finish off the modification of prominently located public and/or private (with permission) buildings that might otherwise detract from the common theme

A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget

Return to “General Discussion”