Two proposed changes to RA procedure

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Two proposed changes to RA procedure

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Alter RA procedures to allow the RA to enter a traditional closed session ( members and city staff only) or one including citizens but excluding visitors.

Add the following after, "the topic is referred to the members". :

If all present concur, the vote may occur at the in-world meeting. Otherwise, or if one of the members not present has made a public request to do so prior to the meeting,"

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

Two suggested changes in wording:

1) The Chair will determine staff members and citizens who will be in attendance.

2) Closed Session proceedings shall not be recorded except for the following:

Motions
Seconds
Votes

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

I certainly appreciate the need for closed meetings on certain issues, especially involving potential litigation. However, I'd like to see a strong commitment for "government om the sunshine", an interesting concept in a world where we can turn on the sun at will! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government ... nshine_Act

I would much prefer a statement that closed meetings will occur ONLY in very limited areas (possible litigation, discussions of purchasing real estate), and that any RA matters discussed in a closed session will be voted upon on the record in an open meeting.

Justice

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

So, we a need a law authorizing the RA to go into Closed Session only to handle certain matters.

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

A careful reading of the wiki would show that closed session applies to legal and personnel issues only. The proposal under discussion seeks only to clarify who may and may not be excluded from said session if it happens.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”