The Simplicity Party Opens Up!

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

The Simplicity Party Opens Up!

Post by Diderot Mirabeau »

Hey people - I just wanted to let you know that I have opened up the Simplicity Party forum for contributions by people, who are not members of the party.

We'd like to invite all citizens to visit our forum and post questions and suggestions and we will do our best to answer them.

We will also in the near future (tomorrow or the early weekend) announce the opportunity to meet and discuss with us in-world and publish a brief synopsis of our already quite extensive catalogue of constructive policy proposals :-)

Also we more than welcome new members. Everyone who would like to keep our government's simple and effective way of dealing with things should feel free to join! Please IM Diderot Mirabeau in world to be added to our group.

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Can I just say in extension of the above that if anyone else wishes to have their faction forum opened up or closed to external contribution I am of course more than happy to assist in this matter!

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

I look foward to work with the SP.

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

Just wanted to say that I look forward to working with the Simplicity Party on our many areas of shared interest. Should be DPU win a seat in the next RA, I hope we can work together closely.

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Immediate CARE impact on CDS politics

Post by michelmanen »

I am glad to see that CARE has had an immediate and decisive effect on its Policy agenda points 2.1 Democracy –the many not the few; and
2.2 Democracy –openness not secrecy; by encouraging your Simplicity Faction to drop the "by invitation of another mebmer only" rule of membership which was restricted to CDS members only.

I wish you all the best in adopting additional points from our agenda, since that is exactly what we wish for!

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Michel --

You take far too much credit. The Simplicity Party has always been about openness and expansive democracy among equals. We have never been snobbish in our desire to be insular or hemetically sealed away from the hubbub of ideas bubbling in the CDS. However, because we don't want to trap people into accidental violations of the Cosntitutions prohibition on being members of two factions at once, we did not have open enrollment. That said, I don't believe that we have ever turned away anyone who asked Aliasi for an invite -- and I don't believe that we have ever excluded anyone from any meeting -- and I don't believe that any member of the Simplicity Party has ever refused to discuss anything of public import with any other CDS citizen.

We hold the goal of openness to which you give lip service. I hope that we share this goal with CARE in fact, but I am unable to see any substantive proposal in CARE's platform beyond its desire to preserve the Judiciary Act and Ashcroft's vision of professionalized justice under a complicated Code of Procedure, which is not an objective we share.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Immediate CARE impact on CDS politics

[quote="michelmanen":qlv3ntsl]I am glad to see that CARE has had an immediate and decisive effect on its Policy agenda points 2.1 Democracy –the many not the few; and
2.2 Democracy –openness not secrecy; by encouraging your Simplicity Faction to drop the "by invitation of another mebmer only" rule of membership which was restricted to CDS members only.[/quote:qlv3ntsl]
As Beathan correctly points out the Simplicity Party is (obviously) and has always been open to any CDS citizen that wants to support the cause of a simple and effective government. This is not a question of policy. It is a question of being democratic.

Unfortunately, we cannot make our in-world group open without prior invitation since having members in it that are not citizens or who are members of more than one faction group is a violation of the Constitution. Again I see that you choose to interpret the Constitution very liberally in that regard to say the least.

Return to “General Discussion”