Merge all government announcement subforums into one

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC

Should all the government announcement subforums be merged into one?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:12 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Merge all government announcement subforums into one

Post by Diderot Mirabeau »

I respectfully propose that all Government announcement subforums be merged into one forum - the "Government Announcements Forum". The justification for this proposal is as follows:

- There is not very much traffic in each of the individual subforums.
- It is difficult for citizens to have to pay attention to five different announcement subforums.
- Every subforum takes up valuable "screen estate", which could be reclaimed for the benefit of the other subforums.

Furthermore, I propose that the "Events in CDS" subforum be moved into the same category as the "Government Announcements" subforum and that the resulting category be renamed to "Events & Announcements."

Flyingroc Chung
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Flyingroc Chung »

I wholeheartedly agree.

Also, can we make the events and the government announcements announcement-only? By doing so, we can get the RSS feed and redistribute the content in many different ways, including putting the announcements directly onto the website.

see http://flyingroc.org/nburg/events/eventpage.php for example.
(currently, the RSS feed shows the last comment on the thread, instead of the first, so this will work if the first and last post are the same).

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Thanks for the followup, FR.

Your proposal certainly sounds both sound and advantageous. However, just to be a bore and comply with our formal voting procedures could I ask you to set up the proposal as a seperate poll so that people get a chance to vote on its suggestions? Perhaps at the same time you could include a proposal as to how to accommodate the (seemingly many) people, who like to follow up on event announcements with questions, discussions, corrections and ultimately transcripts? Possibly, a seperate forum for event discussion and/or followup would be enough to accommodate this.

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

This proposal has only received three votes in favour, which means that potentially there could be an equal amount of votes against the proposal among those members of the SC, who have not found the time to vote.

I therefore refrain from acting on the proposal in favour of awaiting a (time-consuming) discussion of the proposal at a regularly scheduled meeting.

Return to “SC Discussion”