NFS - Flohmarkt (Fleamarket) and Financial District

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

NFS - Flohmarkt (Fleamarket) and Financial District

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

I'm resurrecting my fleamarket idea for the Marktplatz. Maybe we can attract top vendors and either let them set up for free or we can charge rent for a stall or require 10% using an "Approved Vendor"

The other thing I'd like to propose is a "Financial District" on the Marktplatz near the Rauthaus. This would include Mirabeau Scribe, GOM, Eldrich Financial and Midas Bank (if he ever gets a platz plot). On the financial services side, Ali and I are of the opinion that we should aim at being the Switzerland of SL. I strongly recommend we try to implement the Mirabeau Banking Roadmap, the existing Incorp. Act and his other policies. I fear that without a working Judiciary of some kind, that this can be difficult. One hopes that the old SC "Commercial Court" could handle cases quickly and fairly.

Would it make more sense to focus retail in CN and Services in NFS? A mix in both? Business locations in both? Is there a way we can shuttle some of the business profit back to the CDS gov't without some kind of onerous tax? I notice with great interest the arrival of Hope Commerce (see secondlife.reuters.com) as a 2nd (and I hope more successful) stock exchange. It'd be great to be able make something like that or a bond trading counter work in the CDS.

Any thoughts?

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”