Tourist Information Office

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Tourist Information Office

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

*post withdrawn*

Last edited by Salzie Sachertorte on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Ideas for the tourist office...

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

I believe Claude is putting together a tourbot to whisk tourists to destinations. We could have a sightseeing map dispenser, maybe teleport balls to certain areas. I usually show tourists:

The Platz
The RA
The Schloss
The School
Altenburg
Some shops

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Tourist Information Office

Post by Sonja Strom »

In the DPU meeting today the question came up, how much traffic is the Tourist Information Office getting? Is this being tracked :?:

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Tourist Information Office

Post by Rose Springvale »

I'm pretty sure we don't use tracking devices in CDS, and i can't give you the traffic number today, but i can say that when i am showing people around the sims, i direct them to the info center to get an idea of what CDS is about. This has been very helpful with newer people particulary. When we have events in NFS, I always see people there. It was invaluable during Oktoberfest.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

The CDS Shopping Experience

Post by Sonja Strom »

I think it would be good if we had some information about "Shopping in the CDS" in the the Tourist Office in Neufreistadt and in the Tourist Information Center in Colonia Nova. One way to do this could be to have posters for shops which would give away landmarks and maybe notecards if you clicked on them.

Also, I have updated the notecard about how to turn the fog in Neufreistadt off and on (the one previously given out at the Information Office was obsolete), and added a German translation of the text at the bottom of it. Since in Central Europe the keyboard controls are different than in the English-speaking world, the controls in the translation are different. This notecard has recently replaced the old one given out at the Tourist Office. I will also be happy to give a copy of it to anybody who would like to have it. :)

Return to “General Discussion”