"Rock of Granada" topography fits well with Al-And

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

"Rock of Granada" topography fits well with Al-And

Post by Diderot Mirabeau »

Somebody previously proposed that the theme for the next sim be the islamic civilisation present in parts of Spain for several centuries (Al Andalus). I was initially skeptical about the idea but after watching [url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5:2xj6e0tw]this documentary[/url:2xj6e0tw] on Google Video it is clear for me how appropriate it would be for us to pursue this theme. I'd recommend that people watch the video since it seems to me to be of quite high quality (both in content and in resolution) - do be aware however that it is 1 hour and 42 minutes long so you need to set aside some time to get through it.

I cannot help but notice that Michel's most recent proposal of a topography resembling that of the rock of Granada would also be aptly appropriate for building a city fortress in Al Andalusian style considering that Granada was the last stronghold of this great culture in Europe. It would also go nice with a waterfall ;-)

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Al-Andalus

Post by michelmanen »

Diderot,

I proposed an Al-Andalus themes sim on 23 November here: http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... ight=#2739

We could indeed have the fortress in the middle sim be a Moor fortress, just as Granada remained until 1492 an Islamic enclave in the Spain reconquered by the Catholic Kings of Spain.

Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Dnate Mars »

I think that new themes should not be in CDS's near future. I think adding another theme should come at a later time. I think we need to expand and connect what we currently have.

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: "Rock of Granada" topography fits well with Al

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

[quote="Diderot Mirabeau":3145tp4y]. It would also go nice with a waterfall ;-)[/quote:3145tp4y]

I figured that (the waterfall) would go in the sim due east of NFS and be near the source of the river that eventually flows through CN.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”