Standing with Ukraine

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Standing with Ukraine

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I am usually reluctant to discuss RL news and events in SL, since the point of SL to me is to have fun and escape all of that. However, sometimes things happen that are too big or too outrageous to ignore, and this attack by Russia against Ukraine and its democracy is one of those times. Thank you, Tor, for making the decision to fly the Ukraine flag in CDS.

Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Standing with Ukraine

Post by Jerry McNally »

Something that may be of interest:

Second Life community rallies to help Ukraine-based creators on platformNew World Notes
This is a Google Spreadsheet of Second Life stores and website Marketplace shops owned by Ukraine-based creators on the virtual world platform. It was quickly created by SL community members within the first 24 hours of the Putin regime's invasion of that country, with a goal of supporting these merchants with L$ purchases -- which they can subsequently convert into their local currency. (Whenever, that is, they are able to find a stable Internet connection in the now-embattled region.)

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Standing with Ukraine

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Thanks, Jerry! I knew about RAMA (my fave hair store), but I didn't yet know about the others.

Return to “General Discussion”