What to do with the Das Joy Phim Haus?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ranma Tardis

What to do with the Das Joy Phim Haus?

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Hi,
I have been called up for active duty in the Iraqi Freedom. I am scheduled to be here until March 2008 unless extended.
The Das Joy Phim Haus has been empty for the most part since Professor Rummell got sick last December. I have not had an email from him since Early February.
It breaks my heart to see the house so empty and disused. My Army schedule changes at the drop of a hat and that makes it hard for me to make a commitment.
I saw a couple engage in sex a few days ago, the limit of the activity.
I am seeking input from the community on what to do.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

I would [i:38thiey1]*like*[/i:38thiey1] the Joy Phim to stay as a general meeting/event place, 'till you and the prof return, but clearly events in NFS are not very regular. It'll get better but I cannot see into the future .. So it's up to you. If you decide to sell it: Think of the fun you'll have making a Neu J-P Haus in the [future] 3rd sim :-)

be careful over there

Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I invite all of the citizens of the CDS to use the Joy House for meetings and events. All I ask is that citizens wishing to use it send me an IM and post it in the forums to avoid conflicts.
It is not about the money, it just makes me sad to see the Joy Haus empty and unused.

[quote="TOPGenosse":ha3dilbf]I would [i:ha3dilbf]*like*[/i:ha3dilbf] the Joy Phim to stay as a general meeting/event place, 'till you and the prof return, but clearly events in NFS are not very regular. It'll get better but I cannot see into the future .. So it's up to you. If you decide to sell it: Think of the fun you'll have making a Neu J-P Haus in the [future] 3rd sim :-)

be careful over there[/quote:ha3dilbf]

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Perhaps we could use it for LGSG meetings...

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

I'll ask the group. The venue may not be popular with some members. ;)

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I would like to see people use the Joy Haus.
What is the opinion of the CDS community? Does the community gain by the presence of the Joy Haus? Does the community want to see the continued presence of the Center for Democratic Peace?
I would like to know what is on your minds

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

[quote="Ranma Tardis":cmruuyq8]Does the community want to see the continued presence of the Center for Democratic Peace?[/quote:cmruuyq8]I think many of us are *interested* in it, but with the profs talks suspended and few people organising RL political meetings, there's <unfortunately> little demand for such a meeting place.

[quote="Ranma":cmruuyq8]Does the community gain by the presence of the Joy Haus?[/quote:cmruuyq8]When meetings are organised there, people discover the interesting data, but *generally*, little is going on in NFS. I'd like to say "Let's have big fat political debate!!", but that's not likely to happen. Also, I'm not trying argue against the J-Ph, just giving my perception of the sim.

[i:cmruuyq8]OK, I'm sure Ranma wants to hear from more people than Pel and me![/i:cmruuyq8]

Ranma Tardis

Das Joy Phim Haus Closing

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Since I do not have the support of the CDS community have decided to close the Center for Democratic Peace. I may relocate a new version of it to Caledon or might not.
I am placing the land for sale. I will make available a duplicate of the building for a fee. The P400 lot is $32 and the P410 lot is $20. There is no rotating sign.
I am retiring the Das Joy Phim Haus name and do not wish for it to be used.
Rudy and myself thank the community for having had the chance to run the Center.

Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

Hello Everyone –
Ranma has sold the two properties of the Das-Joy-Phim-Haus to me, for which I am thankful. She has kept the building for herself, and it is no longer to be seen at the other side of the bridge.
Although I do not have a specific plan for this land, my intention is to keep it in the character of the community. My vision is to recreate an Alpine setting like my native Switzerland, with no more than one villa, a hedge around the border, and possibly a couple of dairy cows wearing the traditional bell. Hopefully this concept would be agreeable to the town.
I am relatively new to Second Life (about six weeks now), but as soon as I found Neufreistadt I liked it very much! I am happy to be able to join this community, and look forward to being your neighbor.
Grüsse/Greetings
Nikki

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Welcome to our community Nikki, I hope you'll be very happy here :)

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Welcome Nikki!

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

I hope you enjoy Neufreistadt as much as we do and please let us know if there's anything we can do to make you feel at home. I've always admired Switzerland and I hope you don't mind if ask you the occasional question or two. -Pel

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

You are always welcome to ask questions. I don't know everything, but if there is something I don't know I can help find the answer.

Ranma Tardis

Goodbye

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I have decided to pull my support from Phase III of the Neualtenburg project and am placing my last piece of property for sale at $20. It is located in CN and is close to the telepad. I will pay rent until it is sold.
I never had much of an impact on the government as it started down a path that is distasteful to me. In short I lost my faith in the government and those in positions of influence. The authority and validation of a government comes from the faith and consent of the governed. Laws and covenants alone are not enough.
I have withdrawn to a small plot of land that a special friend has loaned to me.
Sayonara

Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

Sorry to hear you are unhappy, Ranma. I have read through most of the first two pages in this forum and do not remember seeing postings from you making complaints or suggestions (perhaps I just missed them or forgot, and if so I apologise). Although I like the way this community looks very much in SL, I do not know much about the politics of it. I am aware there have been upsets in the past. Perhaps what you are describing is a reflection of them, either because of something unresolved there for you or because you share a frustration others have had as well? Whatever the case, I would like to know more what it is you feel upset about and how you think that could be improved. Perhaps I may come to agree with you. In my opinion it would be best for you to start a new topic thread for this, however, unless for some reason it is directly related to the properties you have sold.

My understanding was you were selling the properties of the Das-Joy-Phim-Haus because of your deployment, and that it would be good for you, me and everybody if I were to purchase them from you.

Grüsse / Greetings
Nikki

Return to “General Discussion”