"I want to help with Oktoberfest!"

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

"I want to help with Oktoberfest!"

Post by Rose Springvale »

In order for this festival to work, it needs to be a COMMUNITY effort. There is plenty for everyone to do. Here is a list... please leave a note here or to me in world telling me where you want contribute. Remember if you tell me you are going to help, I will count on it... We are all adults here and I am not good at nagging.

1. I want to staff the information booth or act as a guide: please give day and time available.

2. I want to sell or give away items at a merchant booth. Political parties, you are welcome, but please have something more than reading material. This is a time to show how we can get along!

3. I want to work on the construction. (i'll be asking the New Guild to champion this, but as always, anyone who wants to be can be in the new guild.) And if you just want to help set up tents, say so!

4. I want to help with opening ceremonies.

5. I want to help with the concert.

6. I want to work on the Volksmarch/triathalon/scavenger hunt event.

7. I want to help with the closing ball.

8. I'm a crackerjack animator and i can do a couples polka easily!

9. I want to help with publicity.

10. We've done all this before and i know where everything is and can get to it.

I'm sure there are more, but i'm a little overwhelmed with just that list, but am very excited about the possibilities. Please dont' hesitate to add to this list or offer suggestions.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: "I want to help with Oktoberfest!"

Post by Arria Perreault »

2. I would like to reserve a stall for the Monastery project, which is totally non-profit. I will sell clothes.

3. I can help to build.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

thanks Arria, for leading the way here

An Animator willing to take on the task has been located and we will (with luck) be dancing the Polka at Octoberfest! (thanks to Michel Manen for locating him)

The Guild has agreed to oversee the structure and location of the street fair.

We are still keeping finger crossed on the Triathalon. At very least a model and map of the new sim will be available.

I still need people to sign up for booths at the festival. Your offerings don't have to be fancy or expensive... I"ve got some silly ideas that cost nothing if anyone just needs an idea. It will be fun!!!

And.. if you are a member of the Traders association, i'll be iming you this week to see what kind of support i can give you. Unless you im me first :)

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Np.... im here to serve... :twisted:

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

here is what i have so far:

Dnate, SW, Arria, Gwyn, CDS, NAB, have committed to booths. Not much of a fair yet. Really, it doesn't take much.. there is no charge for booths. I'd like to see someone do a photo booth, kissing booth, dunk tank, etc. I'd go ahead and set them up, but ...well.. see the list of volunteers here?

I've contacted all current members of the Traders Association. I've had two replies, both negative.

While several people have opened this thread and seemingly read it, Arria and Michel are the only ones to follow through.

Despite the concern that I may be mishandling funds... grrrr....(MY funds to be precise) I will do a financial report and request when I get time. Dnate and I have discussed the generalities but until I have firm commitments, it is impossible to do a "budget." And until I do that, he can't do a presentation to the RA.

I guess we could do it the way it is done in RL, but then we'd have to change all the information to Oktoberfest 2027 instead of 2007. At best :)

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

[quote="Rose Springvale":2kc962n6]

Despite the concern that I may be mishandling funds... grrrr....(MY funds to be precise) I will do a financial report and request when I get time. Dnate and I have discussed the generalities but until I have firm commitments, it is impossible to do a "budget." And until I do that, he can't do a presentation to the RA.

[/quote:2kc962n6]

No one asked you to advance your own funds, so don't play the martyr. It is not impossible to do a "budget" - in fact, in real life you must do a budget before you expand any public funds.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

You know, Salzie, if you're so good at this why haven't you volunteered your time and effort to organise it? Or do a sim proposal? It's very easy to sit back and throw words at people who are trying hard -much more difficult to actually get involved and get things done. So, if I were you, I would be a little more careful in the way I express myself and a lot more fortcoming with my time and efforts to actually achieve concrete results.

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

[quote="michelmanen":2f7626oe]You know, Salzie, if you're so good at this why haven't you volunteered your time and effort to organise it? Or do a sim proposal? It's very easy to sit back and throw words at people who are trying hard -much more difficult to actually get involved and get things done. So, if I were you, I would be a little more careful in the way I express myself and a lot more fortcoming with my time and efforts to actually achieve concrete results.[/quote:2f7626oe]

You know Michael, I'm not so good at throwing words around and bullying people into submission as others are. So I leave it to you all to organize the others and take credit for their successes.

Perhaps you should look at yourselves and wonder why no one volunteers for these things.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

.. oh i know why: it so much easier to throw rocks than pick them up and build something with them.

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Hey you two! Stop it! :)
NO need to bicker around a celebration!

Oh, and I will help out, too! :)

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Return to “Events in CDS”